Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada asked for stakeholder input on its Minister’s proposal to issue a Direction to the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission on a Renewed Approach to Telecommunications Policy. This paper published in July 2022 provides Consumers Council of Canada’s response to the request for comments. It discusses the need for an outcomes-based approach to consumer policy at the CRTC.
Among the topics discussed:
- Reliable and high-quality service
- Regionally and individually accessible services
- Choice in service offerings
- Fair contracts and effective redress
- Marketing practices and advertising standards