A periodical issued six times a year to serve Canada's consumer protection and empowerment professional community. Think Consumers is available by single copy or subscription. New subscribers receive one free month of access before billing starts. Members of the Council receive a complimentary subscription.
Inside this issue:
- Regulatory Crevices: Consumer Protection Falls Through the Cracks – How small gaps in regulatory authority and ambiguous regulation end up harming consumers, and how a Canadian Consumer Advocate might address this.
- A Little Money Can Still Buy Five-Star Reviews
- Fraud Self-Protection Month
- Where are the Consumer Benefits in Shaw-Rogers Deal
- No Nadir for Nader
- Why We Need to Protect Whistleblowers
- The Revolving Door – New leadership for Ontario’s new home warranty regulator, and new responsibilities for Payments Canada executives.
- Another COVID Side Effect: Savings pile up for some Canadians
- Mask Standards Spur Counterfeits – What are the chances consumers can stay safe in the open market for PPE?